This note is to all of you.... Thank you all for replying to this post. I know you all have different experiences, and different opinions, and I truly appreciate you giving me your 2 cents on the subject. So, from your posts, this is the current opinion that I have gathered (I reserve the right to change my opinion):
- I should get to AC for some fun Mongering
- Traveling with a girl that I like from AC would only be worth it if I could stand spending several days with her in AC. I'm a pretty good judge of character, but I have no business flying anyone anywhere if I have only known them for 12 hours.
- Pay the girl as you go, and that keeps the girl from running off. Treat them like a treasure, and they will want to stay. This is a vacation for them as well.
- Finding a girl on a dating sight is no more of a guarantee that you'll get along than finding someone in AC or Cebu, or any other place on the planet. In fact, it my opinion, it is better to get to know someone in the flesh, rather than meet a stranger from a website.
- Cebu does in deed have girly bars. Not as many as Subic Bay, and not even close to as many as AC, but they are there. Granted, these are not next door to where the diving is, but so what. I can stay in the Cebu City for a few days, monger around, and see if I meet someone of interest. I have high standards, but not that high. I am sure I can meet someone, assuming that there are actually girlie bars in Cebu City, as people say there are.
So what am I going to do.... well... the plan I think should be:'
- Go to AC, and spend a few days to a week Mongering around, and see if any little hottie sticks
- Go to Cebu either with someone or without. If without, hang out in Cebu City and see if I can dig up someone cute.
- If that fails, then I have bigger issues than any of you can help solve. I mean, it's the freakin' Philippines, and I'm not exactly unattractive.
Now here are the questions:
- How much would you pay a young lady per day to travel with you to Cebu (per day)
- I would absolutely expect to give her a daily allowance to do with whatever she wanted, but what do you think that allowance should be (this is in addition to the daily fee... think of this as tip money)
Thanks again for all the help people. Much much appreciated!!
If that is what you gleaned from reading the replies, you do not read too well.
You can dive straight from Mactan island, the location of the Mactan Cebu International Airport. And the airport you will land at. There are multiple small islands nearby Mactan island to visit for diving and snorkelling. Check this website.
So, you can diving in the day time and root multiple different women at night
Moalboal, which is supposed to be some of the best diving in the world is a day trip from Cebu City. My last trip from Downtown Cebu City to Moalboal in a taxi in normal day time traffic took 1 hr and 50 minutes. If you want a cheaper option than a taxi, you can take a bus from the Cebu South Bus terminal. It will take about 2.5 hrs from the bus terminal, depending how many stops they make for passengers. Here is a website with info on diving at Moalboal
So, you can travel to Moalboal in the morning, come back in the afternoon and root multiple women in Cebu City at night.
You can also choose to go swimming with the whale sharks at Oslob in Southern Cebu
So, you can travel down to oslob early morning, come back to Cebu City in the afternoon then be rooting multiple women at night in Cebu City.
As for finding women,
There are two main centres for discos and night clubs. They are Mango Square Mall and IT Park. Each has multiple night clubs and discos that go all night. There is a large freelance presence associated with Mango Square mall. There are also multiple other night clubs and discos spread out through out the rest of Metro Cebu in Cebu City, Mandaue City and Lapu Lapu City
There are 2 main areas for bikini bars. There are 10 in a group Downtown. There are 14 in a group on General Maxilom Avenue, formerly known as Mango Avenue. The Mango Avenue bikini bars are about 500 yards down the hill from the discos at Mango Square. Mixed in with the bikini bars on Mango is El Gecko. A popular expat bar that does not have dancing girls but still has ladies drinks. There are also multiple other bikini bars and KTV bars spread out through out the rest of Metro Cebu in Cebu City, Mandaue City and Lapu Lapu City.
So, If you stay on or near Mango Avenue, you will have a multitude of opportunities to find a travelling partner.
Once you have a travelling partner, you can leave Cebu City and travel to other good dive sites such as Padre Burgos in Southern Leyte, Apo Island near Siquior, Malapascua off the coast of Northern Cebu and Alona Beach on Bohol for the small islands near Alona Beach. Alona beach will be the easiest place to reach. Just 2 hours in a fast ferry then 30 minutes in a car.
As for treating your travelling partner as a prostitute, it is not what I would do.
Normally, you pay a prostitute to leave. You will not be paying her to leave while you are travelling. She will be similar to a girlfriend so treat her like a girlfriend. Buy her presents. And give her a daily spending allowance if you want..
Edited by donkey1234, 18 February 2015 - 01:18 AM.